Chris Telfer, CPA
• Chris Telfer is a nationally recognized speaker in the non-profit arena. Chris was a guest speaker at the Oregon Tax Consultants annual convention this past September, speaking on forming non-profit entities and then the various tax forms required to be filed.
• Chris served on the Bend Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit Council’s Steering Committee.
• Chris Telfer was also a guest speaker at the May 2001 IMCA Conference in Naples, Florida speaking on Operating Private Foundations.
• Chris Telfer and Telfer & Co., CPAs sponsored and spoke at the October 2002 Symposium for Private Foundations
• Has affiliation with the Institute for Family Foundations (Irvine, CA)
• Developed seminars on Nonprofit Mergers and Alliances in an effort to further the missions of non-profits through collaboration
Chris Telfer is a Certified Public Accountant who has lived in Bend for more than 40 years. Chris has a BSBA from the University of Denver with post graduate work at University of Oregon. Chris has served as a Bend City Councilor and as an Oregon State Senator and currently serves as an Commissioner of the Oregon Lottery. Chris has served on numerous boards of various community and nonprofit organizations including the Economic Development of Central Oregon, Central Oregon Cities Organization, Bend Rotary Club, City Club of Central Oregon, Central Oregon Health Collaborative, COLINK and Celebrate Bend Foundation. She chaired the City of Bend’s Financial Committee, Chaired the Bend Urban Renewal Agency, is past Chair of the Budget Committee of the Bend-LaPine School District, has served as a Facilitator for Opportunity Knocks and served on Bend Chamber’s Executive Committee of the Nonprofit Council. As a State Senator, Chris was Vice Chair of the Senate Finance and Revenue Committee.
• Has assisted B2P Commerce Corp with the development of their nonprofit accounting system, “NonProfitBooks”
• Is listed as a “consultant” by Intuit for the accounting program, “NonProfitBooks”
• Was the official Northwest training center for “NonProfitBooks”
• A member of Board Source, an organization dealing with non-profit governance issues
• Provides Board orientations and facilitates various non-profit issues
• Has obtained tax exempt status from the IRS for numerous organizations
• Has served on numerous national and local non-profit boards
• Has non-profit clients in Oregon, Colorado, Africa, California, Washington, New Jersey, North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Alaska, Mexico, Kentucky, Georgia, Missouri, Michigan, North Carolina, Kansas, Texas, South Carolina, Florida, Illinois, Indiana and, Tennessee.
• Develops “Planned Giving Programs” for various organizations